Was there ever a time that you thought that Ron Paul was our last hope to escape the coming shackles of tyranny courtesy of the banksters?  Do you remember thinking that Rand Paul stood in the wings to carry the torch of freedom when his father would choose to retire? The Republic was never better defended by anyone than Ron Paul, but then Rand Paul grew up and had ambitions of his own.

Millions of Americans put their faith in Ron Paul and accepted Rand because of the bloodlines which we were sure to be patriotic and in support of constitutional ideals. And just like falling victim to a gold-digging mistress, I found myself abandoned by the Paul’s. I was overcome by feelings of betrayal just like the feelings that a husband would experience when he realizes that his wife has been unfaithful and his best friend is his wife’s new lover.

Ron Paul had done more to wake up millions of former bankster serving sheeple in this country to the tyranny that is the New World Order than anyone else. He had helped to expose the criminal Federal Reserve and the general and pervasive “sell out” of Americans and our sovereign interests by the bankster minions (i.e. Obama and Romney). As a result, millions of Americans put their faith in this country doctor who has had one of the best voting records in the history of the House of Representatives. I will be eternally grateful to Ron Paul for his tireless support and defense of freedom, but that was then and this is now.

The Ron Paul Movement Postmortem

Ever since my days of doing local talk radio in Wickenburg, Arizona, I had supported Ron Paul and had attempted to raise money on his behalf. However,  I am certain that many of the listeners of The Common Sense Show began to notice that I became been dead silent on the subject of the Ron Paul Campaign, last spring and summer. I became silent for some very salient reasons as I was beginning to have some grave concerns over the intestinal fortitude and direction of the Ron Paul Campaign.

Prior to the previous 2012 election, I was approached several times and repeatedly asked to become a Ron Paul delegate. I steadfastly refused as I used the convenient excuse of not having the time. In reality, I do have the time to help save my country from the bankster tyranny that has overtaken our Republic. However, I don’t have the time to waste my time jumping on board a sinking ship that had become the Ron Paul Campaign. Are you listening to me former Ron Paul leaders? There are valid reasons why I said no and then subsequently ignored repeated emails and voicemails designed to recruit me to this cause.

In the early days of the 2012  Paul Campaign, I publicly criticized the establishment media as they orchestrated a wholesale media blackout related to Ron Paul’s campaign. Yet, Dr. Paul seemingly tolerated receiving 30 seconds of air time in a five member debate, in a 30 minute period, on national television. Yet, Ron Paul remained unexplainably silent.  It was at this crucial juncture that I first experienced misgivings about the direction of the Paul Campaign and questioned Paul’s fortitude when it came to winning the 2012 Republican Primary.

There was also massive voter fraud committed against the Ron Paul Campaign in the Republican Primary elections. Even the New York Times admitted that the Republican Primaries in Iowa and Maine were stolen away from Ron Paul. Ron Paul was undoubtedly winning the Republican Primary in the early days. However, as the nomination continued to be stolen, and the will of the people was being usurped, Ron Paul remained silent to this grand theft of the nomination process. Even in Louisiana, as Ron Paul was winning, the Louisiana Republican leadership, controlled by Mitt Romney minions, stole the Paul delegates and gave them to Romney and then proceeded to beat up and evict the Ron Paul delegates when they protested. Meanwhile, Ron Paul chastised the dissenters and admonished his followers to be polite. All of you disenchanted Ron Paul supporters will have no trouble recalling the aforementioned events as we saw our hopes of restoring the Republic go up in flames.

Thirty Pieces of Silver

When thinking of the Ron Paul Campaign, does anyone else hearken back to the Ross Perot 1992 Presidential candidacy as he held a huge lead before sabotaging his own campaign over some nonsense about the Republicans sabotaging his daughter’s wedding? As Mark Twain said, history may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme. It is clear that Ron Paul sacrificed his campaign so his son Rand could make inroads into the Republican Party

Rand Will Never Be Ron

When I finally came clean and told some top Ron Paul officials why I would not be a delegate, I was told by a party official that Ron Paul delegates were going to seek and achieve a brokered convention and the subsequently freed up delegates would support Ron Paul and he would win the nomination. I have to confess that I almost changed my mind. Just at the time I was going to once again capitulate and donate my time and efforts to the Ron Paul Campaign, Rand Paul sold his political soul to el Diablo#2, Mitt Romney, as he threw his support behind the Romney Campaign. In 2013, I am still grieving this betrayal of the Ron Paul supporters.

Rand Paul supported carbon taxes advocate, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul supported Universal Health Care author, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul supported amnesty proponent, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul supported more bankster bailouts and more wars of corporate conquest supporter, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul now supports more Federal Reserve Board criminality advocate, Mitt Romney.

And even though the capitulation of the Paul’s to the Republican Party was unsuccessful, Rand Paul now supports going to war on behalf of Israel as he recently stated “An attack on Israel is an attack upon the United States.”

Ron Paul did not, and has not, expressed one word of disagreement about Rand’s “new leanings”. Blood is indeed thicker than water and apparently, thicker than patriotism as well.

Does anyone else wonder what has Rand Paul been promised? What will thirty pieces of silver buy today? A 2016 VP position for Rand? Well, I am not for sale and I will never support Mitt Romney or any other bankster minion who serves him including Rand Paul. How many of you, like myself, feel like a pallbearer of a once noble campaign?

A Silver Lining In Every Cloud

There is presently an unlimited supply of political capital which has now been left floundering for months following Rand Paul’s announced capitulation of the Ron Paul Campaign to the globalist minion, Mitt Romney.

At one point, I would have done anythiing to help Ron Paul. However, I don’t drink from the Ron Paul Kool-Aid. I do not worship Ron Paul or any other person who turns his back on the message of liberty. I honor the message of freedom and that is the only reason I supported Dr. Paul because of his expressed love of freedom and his seemingly undying support for the Constitution. My personal journey on behalf of truth and freedom, with or without Rand and Ron Paul, will continue on, regardless of who the Paul’s support.

Despite my sense of betrayal, Dr. Paul has still done all freedom loving Americans an enormous favor through his service and dedication to the ideals of freedom. Ron Paul has awakened millions of our brethren to the corporate controlled police state that we are now all living under. As a result, we now have millions of angry Americans who have finally come to realize that their financial futures and their children’s heritage have been stolen by the criminal elite.

It is up to all us to find a new home to grow the message of freedom and to complete the job that the Ron Paul movement started. If we allow the millions of Americans who now realize that we have been conquered by criminal banksters, to dissipate, we will never have another chance to reclaim what we have lost.

The loss of the Ron Paul freedom movement, has left a bad taste in the mouths of many Americans. Yet, freedom loving Americans now have tremendous political capital and please remember that nature abhors a vacuum. A new candidate and a new movement, reflective of our collective values, will emerge, if we take the time grow it. Thanks to the Ron Paul movement, we have made great progress, but don’t make the mistake of living in the past. Rand Paul now openly supported Bain Capital’s, Mitt Romney and the Ron Paul movement is forever dead in the water. However, the new found spirit of our freedom movement is not dead and I will never capitulate to tyranny, nor should you.

By | 2017-10-26T22:15:54+00:00 January 29th, 2013|Activism, Featured, Main|20 Comments

1. Rodney Bleckstyne January 29, 2013 at 5:04 pm

From the look of it Ron Paul really acted like a “Diversion” to first magnetize & corral all the dissatisfied pro-democracy voters into his camp and then secondly when the election was near Ron Paul simply abandoned his followers! There being no Pro Democracy Candidate left nor any time to conjure up a suitable new “Constitutional” leader Ron Paul’s followers were left with only two choices either Romney or Obama who were basically the same Corporate Owned “Puppet”! In my mind there is no doubt that Ron Paul did this deliberately to aid and guarantee the Obama/Romney ticket and all that’s left is the question why? Ron Paul disastrously demonstrated he didn’t have the courage of his convictions… either because he is a phony or maybe because he was coerced (threatened) or even brainwashed? Is it too far out to wonder if new,rapid,surreptitious methods of brainwashing (done in days not months) don’t explain a lot of the turncoat behavior in Washington by politicians (Kerry & Hagel come to mind) who once seemed to demonstrate democratic morals and principals?

2. DAve Johnson January 29, 2013 at 5:12 pm

You still don’t get it. You are just too nice of a guy to understand that Freemason Ron Paul has been running a game on EVERYONE since the begining. He was the patriot “wild card” that the Masonic Corporation kept hidden until they needed him.

The 1st campaign was convently thrown and the head of it became conveniently dead because dead men tell no tales.

And the second campaign was so clearly a scam that it was laughable. Of course they are crooks. But these guys were amateur crooks, something more akin to a South American campaign than an American one.

And now the greasy haired Rand Paul thinks he is somehow going to “take over”

Gimme a break. A very large break.

DAve

3. Ter ber January 29, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Well said Mr. Hodges. Well said. As someone who worked on the Bucannan campaign in 2000, and he showed up to the Long Beach convention with no intended VP. And gave us the lame excuse that everyone he asked said no. I felt betrayed. We seem to be in they cycle of people either being bought/scared or just shills. I think we need more brave men like you to run. You know when Ventura ran for Gov. in Minn. lots of elderly people voted for him too. He is smarter now and whomever runs with him -it will be a total freakout to the global elite. Thanks for your hard work.

4. m January 29, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Like every other American politician, Rand Paul is owned by every corporation, special interest, foreign country and crazy billionaire that has his price. This is treason.

5. Tom O January 29, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I will say the same thing I said “back then.” I understood Dr. Paul’s staying in the “debates” through about the 3rd debate. At that time he had gained all that he could from the exposure. That is, he had literally doubled the strength of those that supported him and his efforts. It was also about that time I questioned why he remained in the Republican party. He was in a position to launch the first “new” party in America for a long time. Yes, he would have taken literally millions of votes away from the Republicans, but he would have done the same to the Democrats because “the message” really was powerful. Add to that, he would have added millions of independents as well, so for the first time in my lifetime, there would have been an honest to God opposition party, since there wasn’t a dime’s worth of difference between the two parties in the two party system.

I believe he said that we don’t need a third party, we need a second one, and he was right, and he was the only politician in my lifetime that could have pulled off starting a new party. He had the trust of those that followed him, and that is something that there isn’t another man I know of alive in this country that can say that. He, and he alone could have started the 3rd party that could have become the second party.

But by the end of the convention I knew that I and all those that followed him were sold out. What I don’t know, however, is how sold out we are. We are those that oppose everything that our current government stands for, and through our efforts on what appears now as never intended to be a real campaign, we got clearly marked by our efforts as those that present the greatest threat to the current government. If all that is said about what this imperial government intends is even half way true, I have no doubt who it will be sitting in all those FEMA camps. The question remains only as to what they will try to do with us – “rehab” us with brainwashing, or find some other use for us, or perhaps, just “disappear us.”

6. Bill (Of Rights) January 29, 2013 at 6:50 pm

You have to ask yourself, has Rand Paul been deceiving us or the establishment? It’s an honest question and my guess is it’s very much the latter. With all of the support, momentum and donations behind Ron Paul, the media tried their best to ignore him and the establishment attempted and succeeded at derailing him. So why on earth should Rand Paul take the same strategy which would ultimately lead to further marginalization of a candiate with a strong constitutionalist / libertarian value set? I think the Pauls are much smarter than that. Infiltration and winning the support of the sheeple it what it will take to get a constitutionalist elected in our lifetime. At the rate of this country’s degradation, Rand Paul 2016 might be the last hope before there is nothing left resembling liberty.

7. Ken January 29, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Outstanding essay. Cogent, eloquent, well-composed and downright insightful.
    I took abuse for refusing to vote for Romney and today I’m still glad I did. How Rand Paul could back Wall Street’s Country Club Republican Romney is beyond me … unless, as you suggest, he actually was offered a few pieces of silver (or, ought I say, shekels?) such as a promise to put him on the 2016 ticket as the GOP’s VP contender.
    Ron Paul, as you note, did great things for the liberty movement. However, the liberty movement — I certainly hope — is too wise than to create a “cult of personality” around the retiring Congressman — or his son.

8. Brenda January 29, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I dumped Ron like a hot potato when I learned he was a Freemason. It’s just more of the same ol’ crap you come to expect in politics. That said, I, too, am thankful for the Ron Paul Message, even if Dr Paul is no longer the standard bearer of liberty and constitutionality.

9. Bye-Bye January 29, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Bye Bye, Miss American Pie, drove your Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry.

10. Starchild January 30, 2013 at 12:09 am

I don’t think there was any deliberate betrayal on Ron Paul’s part. My best guess is that he was getting bad advice from people around him, and this, along with his own naturally gentlemanly persona, caused him not to fight some of the Republican Party shenanigans and media behavior as strongly as he should have.

Rand Paul is another story. He may be the best member of the Senate, but that’s not saying much. I don’t get the feeling he necessarily “gets it” on a gut level the way it always seemed like his father did. Hope I’m wrong and “Bill (of Rights)” is correct of course, but after endorsing Romney he sure won’t get my automatic support.

11. Afshin Nejat January 30, 2013 at 12:39 am

Duh.

12. Wayne Walton January 30, 2013 at 7:41 am

Jews, Christians and Muslims each forbid usury until they were corrupted by Mammon. The “money changers” will rule over debt slaves in any society where usury is permitted. Statism vs anti-Statism is a Hegelian dialect where the private usurers remain sovereigns. To emancipate debt slaves we must have a debt Jubilee and usury-free money creation and lending. The only REAL revolution is usury-free monetary reform. Everything else is just theater. Mises and Marx were each financed by the “money power” to create a Hegelian dialect which doesn’t threaten private usury.

13. Searcher08 January 30, 2013 at 8:33 am

I would be interested in your perspective on some thoughts….
    I remember researching Ron Paul a little and becoming very aware that this was a person who in their day-to-day life seemed to walk their talk. My assertion is that one of the reasons why the Ron Paul campaign ultimately failed is that not enough people in America match those values in their day to day lives, regardless of what political position they ascribe to. Many friends of mine think that Ron Paul’s biggest blind spot was that he thought most people would behave like him in the area of charity and helping those in need. I think there was a slim but possible chance of transformation in 2008 when there started to be some tiny seeds of exchange, of seeing what is in common between libertarians and progressives, between the Paulista’s and the Kuchinich folks. They both personally and liked respected each other a lot, Kuchinich would have run as a VP to Paul had gone independent. Both anti-Empire and anti-War. Dave, the deep sense of loss at what Ron Paul was about isn’t just mourned by his supporters – just as the Tea Party movement was bought, co-opted and dumbed down by the odious Kochs; the Occupy movement was easy to divide and conquer and if that didn’t work, truncheons and pepper spray it till it did. Personally, my thinking has changed a lot – I think that something like agorism or second realm is going to be the way to go, that and what Catherine Austin Fitts is up to with financial permaculture.

14. fred January 30, 2013 at 8:40 am

I’ve believed since the 2008 campaign that Ron Paul was threatened by the zionists who own and operate the USA to capitulate or die, or a member of his family would die. That’s how they have always operated to achieve their goals.

15. Teresa January 30, 2013 at 9:01 am

This stupid article made me cry.. It made me cry cuz its not fair and its not right.. You dont go into do something and getting everything thinking one way and then do another.. That is what this article is suggesting and its wrong. Based off of what I know and how I know Ron this is not a correct assessment. No Ron Paul loves his son.. That is not in question but Ron Paul loves freedom.. When you have a fire about something a passion for something nothing will hold you back.. Ron Paul is what 78 years old. Hes still going around talking to people. He is still doing rallies.. Ron Paul did not sabotage us campaign. He might of walked a thin line in order not to make any waves for his son but he didn’t sabotage it.. He tried to play the middle ground.. Beat Romney kindly not aggressively. Ron Paul is not the most observant person.. When he hands something over to someone that is.. He trust that person and does not go back and check their work.. I don’t know what was up with his campaign but Ron tried. He said he was in it to win it and he meant it. You clearly don’t know that man very well. Ron does not lie. He was in it to win it and to win it with integrity. We could not bring up all the corruption and the cheating cuz the media would flip it on us. Use it against us. Say mean things that aren’t true. Ron loves his kids so much and gave them everything and Rand Paul grew up spoiled. Ron Paul is passive. He will only make an issue of something if its life and death.. It takes tones to push that man the edge.. He would not of made it as far as he has if he had a tempter like me.. I would of slammed the hell out of them on the first vote fraud they did.. And believe me I was going nuts. If Ron even noticed it he let it slide cuz it was only one county. Problem is it just kept happening county after county. You get to a point where once the ball starts rolling its to late to stop.. What was he suppose to do..Without solid proof your screwed.. They would use it against him. Saying hes a sore loser .. He was stuck in between a rock and a hard place.. It was up to us to raise hell. We did raise it big enough or loud enough.. Thats why now we are taking over the GOP and tossing them cheater scum out on their butt.. Beating them at their own game legally with integrity.. They should of known better then to mess with Ron Paul.. They dug their own graves on this one.. They could of done anything. Anything they wanted just don’t mess with Ron Paul.. Rand is nothing like is father.. I hardly see a relation.. He will not be getting my support 2016. I’m pushing the judge or anyone of that matter to run. We need someone and Rand is not that guy.. Not this next election anyway.. Maybe after he takes some time to grow up but even then he may grow the wrong way.. Ron Paul did all he could do with what he had.. So many people did what they could to help me.. Many tv personalities.. We just didn’t raise hell loud enough.. We should of destroyed them..

Ron Paul loves this country and he loves the freedom movement.. Its what keeps him going.. Rand has his own path. Rons actions arent reactions they are just actions.

16. European American January 30, 2013 at 11:13 am

(as fred hinted at)

All a decent, law abiding politician has to receive, in order to wane their Constitutional enthusiasm, is to find under their sleeping pillow, in their private bedroom, a photo of their grand children with a taped .308 round attached to it.

17. Don January 30, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Well stated Dave! I had a similar experience on a much smaller scale. I supported Ron’s campaign until he became like Ross Perot’s dog-that-wouldn’t-bark. Like you, I avoided becoming a delegate and stopped sending money. I sensed something was rotten and when Rand endorsed Mitt, I knew I had been scammed. It’s unfortunate that our system is no longer in our hands. The banksters (zionists) own it all.
    Thanks for your work – it’s encouraging.
    Don

18. Josh January 30, 2013 at 12:07 pm

You do have to admit that Rand looks great in a yamaka standing next to a handful of rabbis wailing out tears at yad vasham and the wailing wall.

19. William January 30, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Bye-Bye: the word is LEVEE. NOT “levy”.

Rodney Bleckstyne: “Pro-Democracy”?? You have the wrong idea and the wrong country. America is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, not the mob rule of democracy.

20. The Spirit January 30, 2013 at 8:50 pm

End the Wars
    End the Fed
    Restore Individual Liberty
    These are the Ideas presented by Dr. Paul, which are forever Valid.
    I paid 400 dollars for dinner in Philadelphia with Ron Paul and heard the
    Voice of Capitulation. He had not given up, he had given in. We stood in the
    Rain talking Revolution and were not ready to Quit.
    Everyone inside the Paul campaign wanted to stay in the box.
    We should have fought till the end, there was never the attack on Romney.
    There is no building for the future.
    Wake the hell up.
    There is no fixing abomination.
    Nothing short of a real Revolution will fix what is wrong with this country.
    Reality is not what they tell you.
    It’s the Truth.
    People are ignorant on a massive scale, and tribal.
    A deadly combination for Freedom any time soon.
    Those ideas at the beginning I spoke of need to be in your everyday conversation.
    The Law of the land is the Constitution. Which can be used to sort this mess out.
    Sort yourself out first. Make things Right. Put Love in your Heart. Now you are a
    Warrior and a Patriot ready for the upcoming battle which has already begun.
    ~Peaceful solutions are achieved by
    the will of a moral people~ The Spirit