/, Featured, Main/What Do We Tell Our Children?
What Do We Tell Our Children?

Leave It To Beaver

Leave It To Beaver

When I became a parent, I mistakenly thought that I would raise my son just like my parents raised me. My parents instilled in me a fundamental respect for authority, how to honor the great traditions of our country and how to work hard to get what I wanted out of life.

I grew up loving the ideals of our country, the freedom and the opportunity.  As a result, I have lived a good and prosperous life. I give thanks to my parents and to God everyday for my good fortune. However, I have learned that I was not fully prepared to be a parent because I do not know how to teach my 12 year old son to live in the New World Order.

corrupt governmentThe America we knew is dead and gone and is running solely on momentum. Are any of you asking the same question that I am about how we tell our pre-teen and teenage children that they live under a hopelessly corrupt government and they are making plans to full enslave all of us under REX 84, FEMA Camps, NDAA, etc? Do we teach our children to never criticize the government because free speech has been criminalized as an act of terrorism? How do we provide our children hope that if they work hard and go to college, that they will have a good life? And even if our kids graduate from college, most won’t find jobs when they get out of school and even if they do find work in their field, they will be debt slaves because of the cost of higher education. How do we encourage our children to learn the lessons of civics when we fully know that our vote, on a national level, does not make a darn bit of difference and that the Pelosi’s, Reid’s, Bush’s and Obama’s are bought and paid for? How do we teach our children that our brave men and women who serve in the military have been turned into pawns of corporate greed and subsequent imperialism? How do we prepare to raise our children in a decadent society which dishonors the Christian principles that our country was founded upon?

Feeling Inadequate As a Father

In my work as a writer and broadcaster in the alternative media, I know all too well that the potential dangers that I face in my attempts to reveal the truth about the lawlessness and abject criminality of so many of our leaders. Hastings and Breitbart remind all of us in the alternative media that we take significant risks to do what we do. I decided several years that I was willing to take the risk as are so many of my colleagues in the alternative media. However, I have discovered that I was unprepared to be a father to a child who is growing up in a time of unprecedented corporate and government criminality. Do you realize that our children our living under a government that has forsaken due process and tortures people that they disagree with? If we treated our children like the government treats us, we would all be put in jail for neglect and child abuse. How do I teach my son to develop a fundamental respect for leaders who have no moral compass?

The Questions a Parent Cannot Answer

My son is showing signs of asking questions befitting an adult perspective of our present political and economic situation.  I am not bashful about identifying the misdeeds of our government when I am writing or broadcasting. Also, I know that I have the intellectual capacity to explain to my son how bad things have become in terms he can understand. However, I have found that  I am lacking the skill and knowledge to explain to my son just how bad things are without taking away his hope for the future.  Although I constantly say that I am fighting for our children’s future, I have kept my son as separate as I can from my work in the alternative media. It is not something that I have tried to share with him because I do not want him to become cynical. Yet I know that there comes the day when all parents realize that we have to tell our children that there is no Santa Claus.

I grew up in an America which was a republic interspersed with some corruption. Today’s America is a corporate criminal enterprise where there are no rules for the elite and the republic concepts underlying our laws are on life support. Subsequently, my son 12 year old son is growing up in a far different America than I did and to hear him talk about his future hopes and fears reflects these fundamental changes that we have experienced as a country.

“I Do Not Want to Be In the Military”

military kidToday, I was telling my son about how his late grandfather joined the Navy at a very young age and made a successful career out of it. He stopped me and asked if I would be upset if he did not want to join the military.  At that moment, I realized that I had an important decision to make as a parent. Do I tell my son the truth about the facts related to his question, or do I take the approach we often do with our kids and gloss over the truth?

You Want Answers?

Tfew good menhe theme song for my talk show starts out with the classic exchange between two great actors, Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in which they utter those now famous lines from A Few Good Men that “You can’t handle the truth.” True to the meaning of my theme song, I went for broke. I proceeded to tell my son that I did not want him to join the military. I also told him that our leaders think nothing of throwing away the lives of our brave young soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and that we never belonged in these countries to begin with. He now knows that I think that the primary reasons that we fight wars today is to make wealthy people wealthier and they don’t care how many have to die in order to get what they want. He further learned that it is almost impossible to be a Christian in the military today. Yes, you can pray on a rug if you are an American soldier, but you can’t be an open Christian as the “Don’t ask don’t tell” regulation has made it way from prohibiting the admission of one being a homosexual while serving in the military to now being used to ban the free admission that one is a Christian and openly practicing their faith.

In my boldest statement, that some will judge to reckless, I told him my pre-teen that some of our troops are being forced to train to control the citizens of our country rather than preparing to fight our enemies. He’s not ready for the DHS/REX 84/ Northcom lecture, but the underlying principles were communicated. It was crystal clear that he understood that I did not want him to be in the military. As they say, out of the mouth of babes, my son subsequently asked me what if they bring back the draft?

Obama Has Made It Easy To Choose Sides

Before I relate how I answered the question about bringing back the draft, please allow me to review to tenets of Executive Order 13603 in which Obama actually calls for two drafts, a military draft and a civilian draft. Both programs would be placed under the auspices of the Secretary of Labor. The military draft is easily understood. However, the Obama’s notion of a civilian draft is frighteningly Orwellian. Do you remember the Obama’s campaign promise when he said “we cannot just rely on our military to meet our national security needs, we need a civilian security force, that is just as strong and just as well funded..”  We now know what Obama was referring to.

civilian national security force Under EO 13603, the government can split up families. There are no age restrictions on the civilian labor draft and where you can be sent to perform the “government’s” work. A husband can be assigned to work in one location and the wife in another.  This would represent the ultimate Agenda 21 driven breakup of the family. And of course, our boys can still be marched off to war to kill and be killed by young men that they have nothing against with all of this being done in the name of corporate profits.

I told my son that I would not let him be drafted and that we would leave the country if we had to. This was an epiphany for me. I realized that at that moment that I need to seriously consider leaving this country and relocating to a country where the local military and their civilian forces are not likely to be used as a global police force.

There Is No Santa Claus

no santaIf you are awake as to what is going on and you have children, you will one day be forced to answer the questions that your children ask about the world that they live in. And for the life of me, I do not know how to tell my child how to live in the New World Order. Do you?

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

By | 2017-10-26T22:14:50+00:00 June 27th, 2013|Activism, Featured, Main|16 Comments

1. Tim Brueggeman June 28, 2013 at 6:49 am

This article certainly resonates with the discussions that we have had with our family. At the end of the day, I have come to the conclusion that is is our walk with the Lord that will ultimately be the key! Those of us who call ourselves Christians know this, but we have been lulled and tricked into putting way too much stock in all of the blessings that this country has enjoyed over the past many decades. Milktoast Christianity has invaded our churches and we are more concerned about getting to Cracker Barrel before the crowd hits rather than having a true walk with the Lord where we rely on Him and His provision and His wisdom. As you lay out each week with your articles, the time is quickly approaching where all of us who have been sitting in the western church are going to find out just what our faith looks like.
    My focus with my family and friends has been to make sure you know who Christ is for you and your life. There may be a time in the near future when you will have to stand for your faith when it will be extremely difficult to do so and it may cost everything, but know what you will gain! Eternal life with the Father who will welcome you and tell you “well done, good and faithful servant.” We must fight the good fight till the end.
    I want to say with 100% certainty that if one truly humbles himself and seeks the Lord, He WILL answer you and give you the wisdom and direction during these difficult times. Please go to Jeremiah 33:3 where the Lord promises (He never breaks a promise!) to give you the “great and unsearchable things that you do not know.” I do not know about you, but I want to know those things and they can only be revealed through a steadfast walk with the Lord and His Holy Spirit. These are not nice Christian cliches!! They are the Lord’s promises that never fail!!!
    Should we move, what should we buy, and all the questions that we ask ourselves should all be directed to the author of creation and our Father in heaven! He wants to be there for us if we seek His face!!
    Finally, Dave, thank you for your diligence and devotion to bringing this information to us and bringing it in such a straightforward and open manner. Blessings and wisdom to you and your family.
    Tim Brueggeman

2. Country Codger June 28, 2013 at 7:53 am

Absolutely a great article. I am a Vietnam veteran and disuaded my boys and grandson from joining the military. We have to break the cycle of mindless “patriotism”. I love my country but hate the government behind it.
    Keep up the great work.
    CC

3. laura m. June 28, 2013 at 9:37 am

My parents and elders were warning of world gov. in the 60’s as much info came out then, books were written and Liberty Lobby, the Birch soc. and other groups and newspapers and radio shows emerged. Obviously these groups failed thru the years as look where we are at now. Many patriots informed and handed out material for decades with no results as we look back at the fruitlessness of our ambitions. I’m glad I never raised a family, and several couples I knew chose not to also knowing America was run by banking cartels and corporations. We are all retired now and see this country as trashed as incompetent leaders sell us out. There is no future in parenting that’s for sure. I also blame the gov churches or so called social clubs, (501c3) for much of the damage over the decades.

4. Steve Welch June 28, 2013 at 10:22 am

King David said it best… very soon we will have to make some very serious decisions on who’s side we are on… and I am not a sheep… hate is a very healthy emotion. Hate keeps things in the right perspective…

Psalm 139:21-22
    Do I not hate those who hate You, O Lord? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
    I hate them with the utmost hatred; They have become my enemies.

5. Ceci June 28, 2013 at 12:28 pm

God tell us to be fruitful and multiply, despite the risks. Otherwise, how can we continue to preach the gospel to all creatures until Jesus returns?

I enjoyed this article. I have two boys and have thought about a draft too. This country does not feel safe any longer, although I know no where in this world is my home-I’m just passing through.

Although I relate to King David and love the story of his life, we do not have to hate others, because of what Jesus did on the cross-even if they may want to kill us. I struggle with this too because I feel continual anger with the spiritual forces of evil in this country/world that are becoming increasing in number every day. I take comfort that the Bible says that the true church is going to be on fire (aka-converting many to Christ) as the end of time draws near, so that is what I rest my hope in and pray I can some how be a part of that.

6. Mary Brown June 28, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I never had children and am old enough that I will be dead before things get really bad. But not so old that I won’t go down fighting. I have nothing to lose when it comes to protecting the constitution.

7. Arizona June 28, 2013 at 3:46 pm

explain to your children your a coward,and when the government comes for them,they will be the property of pedofiles and government demons from hell,and you support anything government wants because its for their own good……..even if they are raped and murdered………………………….

8. jim June 28, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Hell, most adults do not wish to know what is going on. You could almost be accused of child abuse for telling a youngster too much, as it is hope crushing. In the US today, you are either asleep or a bitter cynic, as there is no more middle ground.

The truth is far more horrible than what any fiction writer could possibly dream up!

9. Shallel June 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm

What you should be explaining to your child is why his generation will not be able to have normal children, and will probably die at an early age due to the tens of thousands of tons of nuclear waste left to them. This is the greatest immorality I can think of, and this generation of stupid monkeys keep churning out more, with no solution except to “keep it cool” in substandard non-contained pools.

We both seem to agree that the US we knew is dead and gone and is running solely on momentum. How long will it be until the dilapidated power grid fails to provide the energy necessary to cool this mess of the most deadly isotopes and elements? How many Fukushimas will we have? 50? 100? Is it already too late for the generations to come, with Fukushima, Hanford, and the Military and Industry dumping reactors wholesale into the sea for decades?

The Truth hurts, but the lies are KILLING us.

10. Arizona June 28, 2013 at 4:39 pm

IF you don’t want to do any of my above advice,THEN START TEACHING THEM TO OPERATE A WEAPON,and turn them in to expert marksmen,and explain to them a WAR is coming and they will have to fight or die in a fema death camp,be raped and murdered at the wim of a pack of government demons from hell,AND THIS AIN’T NO JOKE,americans think things will get BETTER,not going to happen,DICTATORSHIPS NEVER GET BETTER,they only get worse,NAZI germany proved this to the world,the same thing is about to happen in america,FIGHT OR DIE thats your choice…………..

11. walt June 28, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I have tried to tell my older kids and I’m met with rolling eyes and “I don’t want to hear it”.
    The problem is the truth is hard to believe and understand.
    I too lived in a different age when we had so much more freedom and privacy, I am not willing to accept what is coming and I prefer death to being a future American.
    All that I believed in seems to have been a lie. It is very difficult to wake up seeing the people in authority suddenly taking on the Devils cloak. Laws being passed without consent, laws being applied by a mere signature from one mans pen instead of the process of law that is suppose to protect us from such a dictatorship.
    So called Americans who wear a uniform from cops to military to agents who openly administer these evil deeds in order to get a paycheck and a sense of power are lost.
    It is like watching children playing dangerous and harmful games with no one to correct or guide them in the right direction.
    I do what I can do get the word out, but that is not enough- few listen- too many are trusting still.
    I do have faith and I know there is a reason for all things and God is in control- this is my comfort, my foundation, my strength to endure what the future brings.
    I will not grant power to those who choose to overthrow me- they can’t- I am not theirs, I belong to a higher power who is just and will humble those on this Earth who think they rein but never will.

12. mike June 28, 2013 at 7:41 pm

it seems hard to find truth if you keep looking in the wrong places

13. mike June 28, 2013 at 7:44 pm

hope life gives you what you want

14. See Dunamis June 29, 2013 at 1:59 am

Please don’t underestimate the children; they often know more than what we think they do.
    I have told my children.
    They have thanked me for being honest with them.
    They knew there was no Santa from the very beginning, just as they have learned from a young age to not blindly follow any government. They are now one with whom they follow. May they remain in Him forever! They are not full of cynicism; for their hope is in Him. They are far more based in reality, than are most of their peers in college. How did this happen?
    HOMESCHOOL.

15. P.G. July 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Dave your compelling and well written articles are in my opinion the best on the internet and I can’t thank you enough for what you are doing. You are a man of great courage and dedication. I have been convinced of a Satanically energized New World Order for years now but my initial awakening process started after I read Richard Maybury’s books, especially World War 1. Although he never mentioned the NWO- his emphasis on the monumental wickedness of politicians and governments was so compelling that my worldview was radically altered at least altered enough to convince my adult son with a family not to join the Marine Corps like I did in 1965, subsequently spending 2 tours in Viet Nam from 66 to 68 albeit in pretty secure areas. Fortunately my adult son read Maybury as well and finally heeded my advice not to join. Now with overwhelming evidence for a New World Order of unimaginable evil in league with most of our politicians the reasons for shunning the military couldn’t be more obvious. Your decision to relocate your family to another country should they attempt to draft your son is a good idea. Let’s not sacrifice any more loved ones to enrich these fiends.

16. Darik Thorson August 22, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Tell them out of Love & with Love; that means sharing your thoughts & feelings too.
    Children are not stupid at all, withholding information is a bad idea & when you don’t want to share the info for fear they will lose hope you have to share that too! Tell them you don’t want them to lose hope. If your kids are informed that is a large force to informing the public & everyone else as well as bringing some perspective & forces that can bring about change. Their future depends on them being informed, as does their peers.
    I see in the younger people of my family & about that some of them are very well informed & they have the potential to inform themselves better & faster then adults do — children are the future & will help bring about change. Do not leave them out of the loop – Do not fear, bring Love to this information and situation as well. Loving your kids means informing them; you don’t want to hurt them, but framing the info from what you know & feel will make it easier for them to handle & your Love will make it easier for them to handle the truth with Love too.