/, Featured, Main/Does One Size Fit All? The Immigration Case of Garcia de Rayos
Does One Size Fit All? The Immigration Case of Garcia de Rayos

gaudalupe

Pne of the main purposes of the temporary immigration ban on 7 Middle Eastern countries is to keep out people who would do American harm and disrupt our society through criminal activities as evidenced a person’s criminal past.

I wholeheartedly support President Trump’s temporary ban on immigration until proper screeing methods and procedures can be set up with regard to a potential immingrant’s possible terrorist and/or criminal background. America has no obligation to admit criminals. However, there is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it.

The detention of an illegal immigrant sparked a protest Wednesday outside a U.S. Immigration and Customs office in Phoenix that resulted in seven arrests as crowds  blocked ICE buses on nearby streets.

Right Way or Wrong Way?

When one is enacting a new and controversial policy or enforcing a previously ignored policy, one has to be concerned about getting the public’s support. In that regard, we have the case of Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos, 36, arrived at the ICE Phoenix regional office for her routine check in, but instead of being released, as she was under Obama’s stay of execution order, under President Trump’s illegal  immigration crackdown, she ws detained and will be deported.

Garcia de Rayos, 36, was considered a “low priority” for deportation under the Obama administration and had to check in with ICE officials every six months following a 2008 conviction for felony identity theft for having false papers,  The Arizona Republic reported. The offense was in support of her need to get a job. Yes, she broke the law and Trump’s forces are acting within the law to deport her. However, this woman has two underage children who were born here. Gaudelupe was brought here when she was only 14.

If President Trump does not care about public support, then this is just another deportation case and all the noise it generates will only be background noice. However, this case can serve as a galvanizing point for the left. This case, because of the underage children belonging to the mother and the fact that this immigrant did not come to America on her own volition, is an issue.

The family reportedly fears she could be deported to Mexico.

“Ms. Garcia de Rayos is currently being detained by ICE based on a removal order issued by the Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review which became final in May 2013,” and ICE statement read.”

This person and her case will become the poster child for what is inhumane about a one-size fits all policy. I am not even agreeing with what I have written. However, this case will be used as the poster child by the liberals. I know what you are thinking, she broke the law and the law is being properly applied. I just hope that isn’t a case of winning a battle on the way to losing the war.

The Right Way

The President is absolutely correct in establishing the temporary ban on immigration from the 7 Middle Eastern countries originally singled out by Obama. However, and again, Trump is missing the boat when it comes to using finesse when establishing an carrying out  a policy.

Trump needs to establish lengthy vetting process right now, today.  No judge has the authority to set a time limit on processing of immigrants. It is in the processing period that “suspicious people” could be weeded out for further security checks. By proceeding in this manner, nobody is being denied admittance, they are simply going through a process. A process which can serve as a filter to keep at least some of the immigrants who could pose a danger.

Conclusion

President Trump must avoid the perception of being inhumane if his support base is going to grow. America will side with a mom and her children, regardless of what the law says. To those who disagree, I would say that the bull-in-the-China closet is not the right approach when one is trying to win over the country. Trump needs the support of the people, more than any other President because is vehemently opposed by Senators and Congressmen who support the free trade agreements. Without Congressional support, which must be forced through the actions of the people, Trump will not be able to achieve all that he could.

Hard line or finesse? Good leaders know when to employ each.  As you can no doubt tell, I am torn on this issue.  Should Trump worry about perception?  Drop me a line in the comment section. For myself, I am Christian before I am an American. I have vowed to do no harm to any human being.  But I support my President in controlling the border.  It is a formidable moral dilemma. I worry about her children and who will care for them. They are Americans.   Let me know what you think.

Please Donate to The Common Sense Show

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND DON’T FORGET TO “LIKE” US

This is the absolute best in food storage. Dave Hodges is a satisfied customer. Don't wait until it is too late. CLICK HERE for more information

This is the absolute best in food storage. Dave Hodges is a satisfied customer.  Listeners to The Common Sense Show will receive 5% off their next order by mentioning “Hodgesnov5” in the coupon code box.  Don’t wait until it is too late. Click Here  for more information.

By | 2017-10-26T21:56:10+00:00 February 9th, 2017|Conspiracy, Featured, Main|63 Comments

1. Vietkonggook February 9, 2017 at 9:54 am

Other countries dont have leeways, they will deport illegals in the next plane out.

2. Peter February 9, 2017 at 10:16 am

Dave- I am a longtime reader of yours and while I agree with you more often than not, I don’t have any problem with this person being deported! Let me explain. I understand firsthand about immigration as I married my wife who is from the Philippines. When she came back here to the U.S. to live with me, we filed all the necessary paperwork to begin the process LEGALLY. We had medical exams which cost about $400, on top of filing all required paperwork which cost another $2400. My petition was approved, green card received and legal authorization to work permit. In 3 years she will apply for citizenship LEGALLY. Now, let us look at this person who was here ILLEGALLY, who was misrepresenting herself to work and who had children for which our tax dollars have paid for education and/or benefits, etc. She IS NOT above the law. She like myself MUST go through the same process as everyone else should who wants to immigrate to the United States. It’s not fair or just that some of us are more equal than others (especially those who are ILLEGAL aliens). While I feel bad for the position that she is in, where is her accountability? Where is any responsibility she has taken to immigrate LEGALLY? Where is her ambition and desire to not break the law and obtain a LEGAL work authorization permit? There was none or at least none reported. Therefore, I digress back to my original point in that this person is an ILLEGAL ALIEN, working here ILLEGALLY and who is now going to be deported because SHE BROKE THE LAW AND IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE HERE.

3. Jack Clancy February 9, 2017 at 10:22 am

Trump voter. That being said this woman is not who I want deported. I want violent criminals deported, drug cartel members and gang members.

I do not support people like her being deported.

4. Dennie Jordan February 9, 2017 at 10:24 am

DAVE, If it, as you say, is true that she was brought here years ago, and has no other legal problems, OK, let her stay with the children. However, look up her parents, or whoever brought her here and put them on the bus for Mexico – regardless of their present status. Along this same line, help President Trump to make motions toward changing the ‘anchor baby’ boondoggle. It should have been stopped long ago, as it an obvious ploy to get here just in time to have the babies and avoid ramifications of their ellegality..

5. Scott February 9, 2017 at 10:31 am

Nobody is breaking that family up other than the mother.
    Who is stopping her from taking her kids with her?

6. Jared February 9, 2017 at 10:39 am

She may be worthy of a temporary concession but she is here illegally and will need to go back at some point and apply the correct way whether she was brought here as a minor or not. I will also say that unless the father of her children was an USofA citizen at the time of their birth that automatic citizenship should not have been granted unto her children. The automatic citizenship granted to children born on US soil by parents who did not arrive legally or lawfully is something that needs to end. If one is on US soil legally and lawfully and not a citizen … citizenship should be something that parents could apply for on behalf of their children assuming they did not hop a plane a week before the due date on a travel visa … this too is something that should be stopped.

7. Judy February 9, 2017 at 10:51 am

Definitely a case to ponder. 1) she came here age 14 ( with or without consent no one knows)
    2) she is now 36 and charged with a felony
    If she had wanted to legally become a citizen there are organizations churches etc who can help one achieve citizenship, apparently she chose not.
    3) the children are American because born in US…. minors to boot.
    It’s a tricky situation. She broke the law is illegal but those kids…..??? I don’t know where I stand right now.
    This case is maybe one to set an example for others in this situation. Others will have some serious choices to make real soon.
    I have no answer or solution.

8. PAUL MUGAR February 9, 2017 at 11:08 am

DAVE: THE OPERATIVE THREE STEP DISCERNMENT IS: 1) TRUTH (the LAW) 2) JUSTICE (the PUNISHMENT for violating the Law) and 3) MERCY (the ALLEVIATING of the Justice Required based upon the Transgressor’s Remorse for violating the Law, and his particular personal circumstances).

ALL TOGETHER: THE ACID TEST IS: IS THE SUBJECT’S QUALITY OF LIFE, BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL, Advanced OR is it Harmed ??? ??? ???

paulus

Paul W. Mugar [email protected] (805) 233-0336

9. meric February 9, 2017 at 11:14 am

My solution is simple. Re-open Ellis Island.

NO ONE is even suggesting this.

10. James Stamulis February 9, 2017 at 11:20 am

What cracks me up is Mexico has tougher immigration laws than we do and they enforce them but unlike us they are never called racists. The law is the law and not only should they be deported but they should find out who and how she got fake papers and go after them as well. We need E-VERIFY passed pronto but congress as usual caters to illegals. Enough is enough and we are tired of our votes being nullified by illegals on the government take. BTW I am married to a Latino who feels the same.

11. Scott February 9, 2017 at 11:23 am

I have no problem with her deportation. She stole someone’s Social Security Number and committed criminal impersonation, which is a felony, albeit the lowest-level. Additionally, she had two decades to become an American citizen and chose not to.

As far as the whole mom with kids angle goes, I’m a deputy sheriff, and if I had a dollar for every time someone tried to use their kids to get out of being arrested for breaking the law, I would be retired living in a Caribbean villa!!

12. WeepforUs February 9, 2017 at 11:43 am

The INHUMANE thing about this story, for all apparent reasons, is that she was allowed to stay in this country for 20 years. From Clinton to Bush to Obama, it’s all on them. They are the one’s who should be locked up or deported but they have no accountability, never have and never will. Yes it is a tricky situation but this is a “last chance” to either “stand for something or fall for anything” as someone once said. I am sick and tired of the 24/7 leftist/marxist play on my emotions. The left owns the english language and uses it as a weapon against their enemies, such as me. I say NO MORE. I will stand on my principles on this issue but if there is a viable compromise I will listen. I’m tired of being a sucker.

13. mao February 9, 2017 at 11:49 am

Kids belong with their parents. Once the kids are of age they can return. Simple.

14. Butch February 9, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Dave, she is married to a legal American citizen so the children have their father to care for them.

And again, for god’s sake, GET A PROOF READER. I just cannot pass along your articles any more. This article has typos, incorrect grammar, and at least one or two sentences that don’t make sense. It makes you look like such an amateur.

15. Mark February 9, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Send her back, but provide her with instruction how she can PROPERLY APPLY for future citizenship–with possibility of being denied. Let’s get real, people. Take responsibility for you actions–or IN-ACTIONS. But, you’re right Dave: TRUMP’S ADMINISTRATION SHOULD HAVE FIGURED-OUT THE NECESSARY VETTING PROCESS AT LEAST A WEEK AGO. GET WITH THE PROGRAM TRUMP–WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

16. Dan Adams (@artillerycrew77) February 9, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Look up OPERATION WETBACK.We sent them all back to their countries along with their children who were born here.

17. flabbergasted February 9, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Well, first off, I really like your site Dave, but I think you are wrong on this one. First, should her children really be considered citizens, considering the fact that that they were born here while their mother was in fact,knowingly, in this country illegally and voluntarily committing multiple felonies every day for years? I have always had trouble believing this was the original intent of the Founding Fathers concerning what the Constitution says about foreign persons being born on U.S. soil. She knew she was here ILLEGALLY, (there’s THAT word again) and on borrowed time, knowing full-well that she was committing crimes every day and what would happen if she were caught! Although during Obama’s time, I suppose she was much less concerned. Second, to let her off now, would create a HUGE problem exactly opposite of your proposed solution, which would be to multiply her scenario by hundreds and hundreds-of thousands, if not literally millions, thereby completely overwhelming our law enforcement and judicial systems, which is what the libertards actually want! Third, SHE IS NOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN! SHE IS/HAS BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY, ILLEGALLY AND KNOWINGLY COMMITTING MULTIPLE FELONIES, EVERY DAY, FOR YEARS! Fourth, what happens when the economic collapse that so many learned economists and even yourself are warning about, actually happens, and many AMERICAN CITIZENS are forced into committing felonious crimes just to house and feed their AMERICAN CITIZEN family members? Should they not expect similar if not even more lenient treatment from law enforcement and the government? IF not, WHY not? After all, the economy collapsing would not be THEIR (read:citizens) fault, the same as it was not HER (read: illegal immigrant) fault her parents (read: illegal immigrants) brought her here illegally as a child. And, although, THEY (read: citizens) could do nothing to prevent the collapse,SHE (read: illegal immigrant) knew she was here illegally, but CHOSE TO STAY after becoming an adult. So, THEY(read: citizen) would only be breaking the law to provide for their family’s well-being. IS THIS NOT THE SAME ARGUMENT being used on HER (read:illegal immigrant) behalf ? If any AMERICAN CITIZEN were to commit crimes of this nature, would they not be held fully accountable by law enforcement and the government? This, “look the other way” crap, has been going on for far too long (read: Presidents) and IT HAS GOT TO STOP!! Giving free monetary benefits and get-out-of-jail-free cards to people that have no right to be here ( all provided for by the TAXPAYING AMERICAN CITIZENS), while so many AMERICAN CITIZENS suffer social and economic hardships is LUNACY, and has in no small way, contributed to the dire financial situation that we citizens and our government find ourselves today. We MUST have equal and across-the-board administration of our laws for everyone and this means ENFORCING OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS! What better time to start than now NOW?! We now have a President who actually wants to put AMERICAN CITIZENS first and correct many of the government’s past mistakes and I say, it’s about time! The REAL AMERICAN PEOPLE had better get behind him and support him while WE can, and at the same time, hold accountable, those that stand in the way, especially the RINO’S. I say, GOD BLESS AND PROTECT PRESIDENT TRUMP, as he tries to save us!

18. Edward February 9, 2017 at 12:56 pm

19. R February 9, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Going to take the wisdom of Solomon for
    Trump to run the Country.Took God for Solomon to have it.Trump better Lear to get it from the Lord as well..

I hope he gets better at the details.
    I would extend some mercy for this woman with all the details known.
    Get the crooks now!
    Fill in some of these pesky situations while fixing the system that the four previous Presidents created.

20. Lancelot February 9, 2017 at 1:07 pm

You’re right Dave. So write an open letter to The President, take her & her children in to your safe home, vet her & protect the country by showing her a first hand example of yours & God’s love. If she harms you or your family you’ll know. But can this be done for all suspicious refugees? I truly hope so, but doubt it. It seems she poses so little a threat, perhaps one of the less complicated such cases to remedy. But there should be little harm in trying (with her at least). Publish your findings & let the whole nation know. Boaz & Ruth scenario? I’m a FISHER OF MEN too!!! You rock my brother…, you rock!!!

21. John February 9, 2017 at 1:19 pm

“I worry about her children and who will care for them.”
    This is the same argument that the left uses every time you bring up any thing from deporting illegals to cutting the budget
    If this woman was worried about her children she would have done something to become legal in the 22 years she was in
    this country.
    She is a convicted felon, if you or I took someone’s identity we would probably sitting it out in jail somewhere or face a heavy fine.
    If we are a country of laws they should be enforced from the top of society to the bottom equally or be changed if they are
    unjust, not ignored because everyone does it.

22. catblue February 9, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Just horrible and a crime in itself that this mother did not make a plan or arrangements knowing 4 years ago she had a removal/deportation order for her felony conviction for criminal impersonation dating back to 2008/2009.
    No one to blame but this woman and her parent(s) as both have put a whirl of hurt on this next generation, actions do have consequences.

The American people for the most part are good-hearted and most generous, but enough is enough. Would you continue to help a person that would steal from you?
    I have no doubt that once the criminal illegal aliens are deport and the border is secure, the dreamers/those brought here as children through no fault of their own will be dealt with in a fair and compassionate way provided they are not criminals.

23. Chris February 9, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I agree with Peters comments. She is an illegal alien, and a convicted felon. Her personal situation, while sad, does not alleviate breaking the law. Thats a problem here…folks feel so sad about a personal situation and suddenly, hey no worries. your good. Thats when it all breaks down. How much of my tax dollars were used to feed, educate and house her kids, etc. No other country in the world allows people to just waltz in their country and use their services for the asking or taking in this case, just because you are there…I certainly grant the emergency medical exception discussion…but that’s not what we are talking about. Her parents broke the law, she continued to break the law and was convicted of a felony with forged paperwork. Lets not forget, an American could have had her job. Wouldn’t it be nice if employers were chasing you to hire you? Why should they when they can hire under the table for cash, no taxes paid and none reported. Expanding this to the bigger picture, we spend billions taking care of illegals, along with the criminals etc. Talk to any prison guard (I have) and they will tell you how many are in the jail system. Crime rates have risen in certain cities due to the gang problem. Talk to a policeman (I have), who many have to learn Spanish to deal with so many criminals. Situations like this will arise….the greater good is what we need to focus on…Americans first. Just think of all those billions of dollars that if we could redirect those funds, that money could be made available to upgrade our military, invest in our infrastructure, roads, bridges, educational etc…all without raising any taxes. Build the wall, deport them all.

24. Jackie Puppet February 9, 2017 at 2:29 pm

My circumstance is similar to Peter, in that I married an Asian refugee who came here as a child. She also had to wait several years, and became a US citizen after we married.

Are people like Garcia de Rayos going to reimburse American taxpayers for the additional burden she and others like her impose on us through fre e healthcare, shelter, food, etc.? My child hates it when I talk about illegal aliens – I live in a sanctuary city, and many of my child’s friends also have illegal aliens for parents.

One question that should be asked, is how many of her supporters are willing to take in her kids and other kids of illegal aliens, and raise them until they’re adults? I bet only a handful or two are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

25. Kristin February 9, 2017 at 2:38 pm

This woman had 20+ years to become a legal citizen! How could SHE (not Trump!) do THIS to her family?! As a wife and mother of two children, I have nothing but disrespect for her and her husband, and sadness for her children. The Trump Admin. better get ahead of the story and set the narrative before the Leftists do. If Trump can frame this in the right way, other illegal immigrants may take heed and become citizens the right way, or leave before they are deported. The Leftist narrative has to be pre-empted.

26. Icicle February 9, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I agree with Peter and Scott. This not a difficult case at all. This woman is here illegally, and she is not above the law. After several decades of people abusing our laws, and plundering the American taxpayer, the Trump administration needs to send a powerful message that this kind of thing will no longer be tolerated, period. It is the only way. If you start to make exceptions for this and that, the whole deportation process will become a three-ring circus. And, yes, it is especially important to send a message to the “but I was brought here as a child” crowd – especially the alien parents – in order to take away any future incentive that excuse will give them. It is wrong for the alien parents to use their children in such a manner that ultimately ends up taking advantage – once again – of the hard-working American taxpayer. Always remember – you get what you reward.

27. JAC February 9, 2017 at 3:54 pm

What a father or mother does, good or bad, right or wrong, will effect there children. You can’t separate the water from the wet, so stop trying! This ladies parents brought her here illegally and that has caused a problem for her now. Instead of becoming legal, this women chose to become a identity thief and felon, and this has caused a problem for her children, not to mention the tax burden I’m sure she caused on the american people who had to pay for her EBT, section 8, medical, dental, and education for herself and children. The american tax payer has no need for these type of people, especially foreigners, we have our own bums to care for!

28. Mic February 9, 2017 at 3:56 pm

I guess you people can’t read:
    She is detained on an INS Removal order, dated from 2013 !
    (This happened far before Trump took office and the order should have been carried out 4 years ago (under Obama).)
    Just because INS is slow in doing so is another problem.
    But if it had been it carried out then, it would not have been “news” and we would not be talking about it.

She has a 2008 conviction for felony identity theft, so she is a criminal. So she is not a innocent, she knew she was here illegally and then tried to hide it with identity theft. I call that both Justice and Karma.

As far as the kids go, they are now no different than the millions of children of divorced or separated parents.
    Any Questions????

29. Susie February 9, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I agree with Scott. Nobody is breaking the family up. She can take the children with her if necessary. If not, hopefully she has family here to help her. She knew she was breaking the law by coming here illegally and then knew that when she had her children in the U.S. that they would be American. This is such an old game. More important though, this is not the case that should set precedence. These are not the people that I want deported, well, at least not immediately. I pray that President Trump will be Blessed with Godly Wisdom when making these decisions. My choice would be to first prevent the illegals coming from terrorist countries to be vetted properly. These are the most dangerous to our Country first and foremost.

30. Son of Jacob February 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm

The area of which that lady was being deported from was her ancestors land that was stolen ,so technically in Gods eyes she was on her land ,America has no mercy ,goes around the world bullying the poor third world countries ,but the days are numbered for Babylon aka America ,China and Iran are no 3rd world countries the day is almost here where America will physically have to go toe to toe with a heavy weight and prophecy has it that Babylon America will fall ,the homosexuality and blasphemy of the Most Highs Laws ,Statutes and Commandments.The wall that will be built will keep everyone in America ,its not to keep people out ,the jobs and factories are gone from America there nothing left ,the jobs that Trump promised will be in Labor camps working off that 200 Trillion dollar debt .The Mexican lady should have taken her kids and left because the time is almost upon us to where the Elite will set off the next 9-11 so they can lock down America,may God be with who ever will be stuck in America when all hell breaks lose ,Listen to Dave get that long term storage food your gonna need it but most importantly begin to train with your Bible .Shalom

31. joe February 9, 2017 at 5:12 pm

all illegal immigrants have 2 go , no if’s , and’s or but’s ….. fuck em all ,lol….. & anyone who disagree’s with me can kiss my red , white & blue ass.

32. shayne February 9, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Come on there using this lady as Bait.for suckers

ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL

No grey area.

This lady is their Strawman argument come on

33. thomas February 9, 2017 at 6:34 pm

She is an illegal felon, what could be clearer? If her family wants to be with her they can leave also.No tears for the husband, he knew she was here illegaly and as far as the kids go, the parents chose to have them which makes it their problem!

34. andre cassano February 9, 2017 at 6:51 pm

as unfortunate as this woman being deported is – we must remember that she is a criminal or the law would not have to be enforced – America is supposed to be a nation of laws – all laws have to be enforced or they should be repealed – we cant pick and choose – i suppose that President Trump could forgive her crime and clear her record if he wants – maybe he should – that would win over many converts to his side – but the issue of illegal aliens can best be reversed by taking away all the free cash and services – this is gonna be ugly – no one should have thought different

35. MaryB February 9, 2017 at 7:04 pm

She chose the kids fate, not us! It is not our fault if she leaves the kids behind. It is time for tough love and liberals are going to have to grow up and deal with it. We cannot be the welfare state to the world!

36. Annette February 9, 2017 at 8:10 pm

I agree with Commenter Judy above where she says “This case is maybe one to set an example for others in this situation.” Perhaps other illegals will self-deport to avoid the trauma that happened with this woman. Personally, I feel bad for her; but let me ask you, how often does the IRS make an example of someone who doesn’t pay their taxes to get the rest of us to comply?

37. Maxine Speaker February 9, 2017 at 9:00 pm

This case immediately went viral on the mainstream news minutes after Trump publicly signed the new Presidential Directives during Sessions’ swearing in – they had the talking points all ready to go, designed to foster just exactly the emotional response elicited from you, Dave. This was a false-flag set-up. The globalists will manipulate the body politic through their conscientious feelings to the extent that they can. Don’t let them manipulate yours. Hugs, Max

38. empd February 9, 2017 at 9:03 pm

So I ended up in Mexico because my parents dragged me down there when I was fourteen. We were all arrested and put in jail because my stupid parents wanted to stay Americans and enjoy the fruits of our neighbors’ labors.

Just for fun, I had a little action with the guards and had some kids, who are also in jail. I wish I had stayed with those cry-baby idiots in the uSA who care about everyone except their own citizens.

Go to the uSA, get on welfare, get free housing, free education for the kids, free medical care and, best of all, you don’t have to work and if someone finds out your are here on the taxpayer’s dime, a whole bunch of fellow free-loaders will riot to keep you there.

Don’t ever leave America… you will never find a sweeter deal for freeloading than those stupid Americans will give you with no questions asked.

39. ChrisL February 9, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Dave, you are wrong. First of all, Trump needs the 90 days to set up an accurate and comprehensive vetting process WHICH THEY DO NOT HAVE NOW AND NEVER HAVE. Secondly, many people in our government have admitted that there is NO WAY to vet these people. Where is the computer data systems we can tap into. Most of the terrorists are unknown to us except for the very well-known few leaders. Thirdly, our government has made one mistake on deporting this woman: THEY SHOULD DEPORT HER, HER HUSBAND AND HER CHILDREN, NOT JUST HER!

OUR NATION IS A NATION OF LAWS AND NOT OF MEN. WHEN YOU IGNORE THE LAWS, CHAOS AND ANARCHY STEP IN AND A NATION IS LOST! STOP BEING SO SOFT-HEARTED! WE HAVE IGNORED ATTENDING TO THE LAWS OF OUR NATION TOO LONG!!

40. Guy Forester February 9, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Well Dave, I agree Trump needs to learn something about finesse and nuance. However, I have an experience similar to Peter above. It was time consuming and expensive, but we did it right.

Guadalupe is reportedly married to a US citizen. He needed to get a good attorney (some do pro bono work or will take time payments). It would take awhile, but he would most likely get her a green card and citizenship by now. Instead, she STOLE someone’s identity. To get a felony for that, she must have done more than just get a job. Open credit cards? Take on debt? Ruin someone else’s credit?

That was far from a victimless crime. By the left’s logic, we should not send bank robbers and dope dealers to jail either. How dare we break up a happy family by sending baby daddy or baby mama? What, now does baby mama need to get new squeeze and make someone a baby daddy again? OH, the Humanity! Will baby daddy find a new squeeze in the section 8 ‘hood? I see these dramas played out on a regular basis around here and I am not impressed.

41. Sylvia Maresca February 9, 2017 at 10:32 pm

She stole some one else’s identity for her own ends. Who knows what the victim of her act had gone through to clear her name. I had my identity stolen and damn near was arrested for fraud. As for her American born kids and husband – go live with her in Mexico or get a divorce, TOO DAMN BAD FOR THEM !

42. toejam February 9, 2017 at 11:21 pm

It has been reported, not in the main stream media however, that Obama deported up to 2.5 million aliens out of the US. There was no reaction from the liberal-loony-left about this because they didn’t know about it. And if they did happen to know about it what would have been their reaction? Silence you suppose.
    This whole flooding of the Western world with third world low IQ people with their strange customs, costumes and religions is nothing but a Jewish-Zionist agenda to destroy white western civilization. Whites are not reproducing mainly because of left-wing loony propaganda (public schools are teaching children that being a boy or a girl is just a social construct) and a money system that has forced white women into the work place having so few children that in a few years the white race will reach the point of no return and will be extinct by 2150. To say that the most advanced race on the planet needs to commit racial suicide (via implanted left-wing-loony guilt) by importing non-whites because they need workers is beyond insanity. These non-whites know how to do one thing really well. Breed.
    Ask any White South African how it work out for them when they allowed millions of Blacks to migrate into their developing SA Western civilization to do the stoop labor. Ask the few remaining Whites left in the former Rhodesia once the bread basket of Africa (now starving) when the Whites were farming, how it has worked out for them. Well, many of the whites in South Africa will not be able to answer. They’ve been slaughtered. Oh, you didn’t read about that in the Zionist controlled Western press? We sure heard a lot about it before those countries were turned over to Black control. And after that, silence. Whites in America in time will receive the same treatment. Ya, Dave. All these immigrant non-whites will be our salvation.

43. JOE February 9, 2017 at 11:44 pm

I am a registered independent voter who gladly voted for Mr. Trump.
    Yes, I do believe in deporting illegal aliens……up to a point.
    And deporting this woman, with or without her children, is that point.
    Yep, she did wrong and committed a white collar felony crime.
    But it was for job purposes and not for being a leach/parasite purpose.
    She was caught and went through the justice system and was faithful to show at the ICE office periodically as required, as part of her probation, I assume.
    I also assume that she is now working and is on the tax roll.
    And I also further assume that she has had no further felony crime convictions of any kind.
    If she has no Green Card, then she should seek one pronto.
    And she should began the citizenship process–pronto.
    But this clearly is not a case for holding and deporting.
    This is just flat out unjust and is a prime example for what we don’t what to be about.
    That is me opinion on this matter.

44. Arizona February 10, 2017 at 1:28 am

WHAT a shame,All these poor people coming for a better life to a country whos about to be destroyed in a nuclear war,THE invasion of the chinese and russians will probably be their death,as it will be most people in america,I can’t say citizens because there are a 100,000,000 illegal aliens here right now,so its not likely you’ll ever meet a real american citizen……..

45. ExposeThem February 10, 2017 at 4:52 am

Ha! A mom and her kids. Please. . . Even Satan can appear as an angel of light. I think the American people can see through these Jesuitical psycho dramas now. Deport them. The cost on so many levels is too high. Send them to the Vatican.

46. gene February 10, 2017 at 5:38 am

Welcome, Let the border patrol do their job. Open borders was always a mistake there is a need to make sure we know the health ,mental and physical of applicants. Gang members who run drugs are not wanted until they kill someone , somehow . America is a beautiful place , a melting pot for all LEGAL immigrants.

47. George C February 10, 2017 at 6:23 am

One size fits all??…Is that not the way our laws are supposed to be applied? All my life (76 yrs. so far) I’ve heard “everyone is equal under the law”. Look at our symbol of justice, lady liberty is blind folded. Now we want to allow some law breakers special considerations because she has children? What about those who didn’t have children, they don’t get the same considerations? Who decides which law breakers are exempt and which are not? Isn’t that the purpose of a law, to specify how the law is administered and to whom it applies? How many times have I heard “We are a nation of laws”, and now we don’t want to follow our own rules? If you don’t like the way a law functions then change the law. If immigrants aren’t bound by our laws then I certainly don’t feel obligated to subject myself to any laws I don’t like. I am an American citizen, why am I expected to submit to our laws while illegal alien law breakers are allowed to ignore them?

48. hatchetman February 10, 2017 at 7:13 am

What would happen to a citizen of this country if they had falsified legal documents and stolen someone else identity? They would be arrested, charged, and convicted and sent to jail. If it was a mother with children, then the kids would be turned over to relatives to raise, or they would be become wards of the state thru CPS and put in foster homes.
    So, Guadalupe needs to be dealt with the same as a US citizen, so her children will learn that there are consequences for one’s actions.
    What is “Obama’s stay of execution order” that she was under? Checking in ever six months with ICE indicates that she never was convicted of a crime, because ICE is not a probation officer.
    Let her face criminal charges as a citizen and let the chips fall where they may.

49. Sybil lumpkin February 10, 2017 at 7:59 am

I know illegals from California who get more money’s on and accomodatons from the government than I do as a citizen. Does she have a job. She wants to stay to get a job and take care if her kids. She’s been here years why has she had kids and no one mentions if the father is known or has any oresponsibility to supporting the kids. Illegals come here, have kids collect tons of money and never work. They think America is a free gravy train. The kids are called anker babies for the worldto get a free ride. She can take those kids to mexico and get a job. I’m tired of being used as a joke to other countries when I’ve work my fingers to the bone to support these people. I do no feel sorry for them..I feel used up!!

50. Steve February 10, 2017 at 8:47 am

“Render therefore unto Caesar those things that are Caesars and unto God those things that are God’s. Matthew 22:21. This is the basis of your dilemma, however Roman citizenship was a highly prized commodity and not given out willy nilly. It was jealously defended and difficult to acquire. Caesar had very strict guidelines.

Your dilemma leads you into the trap of liberalism and the bleeding heart ethos. In this case she needs to go, and if her children are an issue then I am sure they can also go to Mexico as both of their parents are citizens. We either have a country or we do not and as Dr. Savage so eloquently states: ‘borders, language and culture”. She violates all three. If you make this exception you can easily multiply it by millions.

51. Bob Boskey February 10, 2017 at 9:55 am

Sorry Dave, you cannot let protesters get the upper hand and their “inhumane” protests will sooner or later be low priority grist for the Leftist immigration mill.

52. Ginger Coleen February 10, 2017 at 10:10 am

I have to agree that it appears she chose to stay here illegally, rather than taking responsibility and becoming a legal citizen. Additionally, she did break the law and, in fact, committed a felony. While other commenters seem to disregard this crime as if it is no big deal, stealing someone’s identity can turn their world upside down for many years and cost them a great deal of money that they probably do not have once their identity is stolen. It can easily make you homeless unless you have strong family support. I don’t take this crime lightly. I feel for this woman, yet, she made the choices that she made and now she will pay the price. A little bit of honesty goes a long way, but she chose deceit.

53. David Kapler February 10, 2017 at 10:53 am

Dave, many good comments on both sides of the issue. It is hard but I have to fall on the side of allowing her to stay. I think, like taxes, there has to be a stair step approach. Poor, well meaning, hard working folks don’t; get punished as much on taxes as do the higher earners. Perhaps she should be given the option to pay some restitution to the USA for all she has received as an illegal. Why do I feel this way? My father taught me, son, just because you have a green light doesn’t mean you should go. You always have to consider the consequences of your actions. At this time I think it is important to soft sell his immigration package. This is a “soft” case. He needs to remain hard on the hard criminals.
    Dave

54. Mark February 10, 2017 at 11:10 am

And, before Trump takes his immigration EO to the Supreme Court: He had better come up with some better legal arguments–PRONTO. The administration lawyers are doing a ‘piss poor’ job–already shot-down by 4 judges. Trump’s biggest hurdle in the arguments before the court are his own verbal comments to keep the Muslims (‘religion’) out of the country, which the opposition lawyers are showing proving intent–no matter HOW the EO is worded. And I think Rudy’s comments to the press didn’t help. Trump has to start thinking-thru some of what he says. Without a much better game plan Trump will not get it through the Supreme Court.

55. Judy (please just put Judy) February 10, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Dave, I had a relative come over here for a visit a number of years ago from Europe. You can’t imagine the paperwork I had to fill out so that she would NOT overstay her visit–who will she stay with, how long, contact information. Then traveling to visit other relatives–again, their addresses, contact info, how long she’d stay etc. What date is she leaving. Guess she could have just stayed and gotton away with it?? In addition, we see the results of an illegal president (forged birth certificate) nothing is against the law–he and his family are one big farce. Didn’t see the “Obama” girls get on the helicopter–where are they? No rules, no laws–multiply her tear-jerking story millions of times and we have a country of NO LAWS. She had a stolen social security number??? Felony, correct?Then there’s the assemblyman in California (DeLeon), who braggs about his whole family is here with forged documents–and proud of it. I have absolutely no sympathy for this person or hers or any other family breaking the laws–we either have laws and borders, or we don’t. Anchor babies are a misinterpretation of the 14th amendment and has to be corrected to NOT mean everyone, literally, born in the United States is a citizen–it was meant to give the slaves citizenship–not everyone or anyone who decides to cross our border to spit out a baby/babies.

56. Ann February 10, 2017 at 1:53 pm

I definitely agree with Peter. This woman has had many years to do the right thing, yet ignored the laws.

57. Penelope Heckelman February 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

She needs and has to go back. She has a felony record. All of the energy that she put into stealing identities should have been put into the immigration process. Certainly I feel bad for her children She did not worry about them when she was committing a felony. She put her own children in harms way, the American people did not do that, she did.

58. kathie February 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE with Peter.

59. kathie February 10, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Why doesn’t she go through the proper procedures to be here LEGALLY.

60. Penelope Heckelman February 10, 2017 at 11:29 pm

There are no gray areas in life. Something is either right or wrong. Situational ethics is what is wrong with our country right now. Let me add this; it is also what is wrong with the judges deciding on President Donald J. Trumps decision to put restrictions on who temporarily enters our country.

61. Stan February 10, 2017 at 11:36 pm

1) Pure Law cannot in all good conscience be applied in such a case because the person has been allowed to be in this country, and have children here, under false pretenses by ‘the authorities,’ who hold some measure of responsibility and accountability in this matter (and similar ones). Said authorities allowed such people (i.e, her parents) to be seduced into coming into this country under the mistaken belief that their children born here would be American citizens. THEY ARE NOT. They are the citizens of the country of origin of their parents. The 14sth Amendment does NOT APPLY to people here illegally or merely visiting; only to those who fall “under the jurisdiction of” our states and laws, rather than of their home countries. So we need to clean up the mistaken business about ‘anchor babies’ and fast, and throw not a few shyster lawyers and judges into jail, for their gross misbehavior in this regard.

2) Set up priorities: All those illegal aliens who have broken various other laws while in this country – out first. And be seen to be.

3) Sanctuary cities and states – Deprived of federal monies, and sued.

As I say: Set up decent priorities. And then The People can respond to that approach to this messy matter. Not giving in to emotional blackmail. Just allowing for common sense to prevail.

62. Moya February 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm

This lady is a CONVICTED FELON… She cannot ever get a green card or has that changed recently? The reality is she needs to go back to Mexico. She was given a chance from a very young age and did nothing but take the Mexican way out. I work with the Mexican community and many of them want their papers for nothing. Why?? Because that is the propaganda that is spoon fed to them 24/7 on Mexican TV. They are taught that the US owes them. Mexicans have a victim mentality. This lady is in the majority. The minority of Mexicans who do things legally hurt inside for their “people” but know the law is being broken and will state they respect the US laws. This lady fell for her communities ignorance and laziness thinking they were just going to get their papers like the dems have been promising them for years and years. It is what it is unfortunately .